Friday, August 5, 2011

Are You Solution Oriented?


Every time I see this video I laugh so hard like I am seeing it for the first time.  I mean really at first it appears to be ridiculous that anyone let alone two people would just stand there on the escalator and holler for help vs. start walking off of the escalator.  Then I thought about the times I could not immediately find the remote control so I sat there and watched a show for about twenty minutes that I had no interest in. It was not that I did not want to get up and use the button to turn the channel.  The reality is that for a few minutes I felt hopeless and helpless without the remote and the thought had not as yet crossed my mind that there was another way.

This also brought back a funny memory for me from childhood. Truthfully it wasn't so funny then.  Did anyone of you ever experience being the remote control for your parents?  Thank goodness we did not have a very large house so I did not have to walk so far to come change the channel for my dad.

The main thing this video reminded me is to not allow myself to be "stuck on stupid", not to get so complacent with the same old things that I forget to be creative and to think outside of the box.  If something that used to work stops working it is not the end of the world.  It just means it is time for newer things, some progressive ideas and I have been chosen at that time to develop and implement a new concept, process, method, etc.

I would love to hear about your thoughts on this video.  How do you get into the solution when you are stuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment