Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breaking News - Earthquake!


Breaking News - Earthquake!
Originally uploaded by Piedmont Fossil


August 23, 2011 5.9 Earthquake where were you? I was visiting my mom. Unfortunately my stomach was hurting all morning and I was just about to resolve the problem, "you know what I mean" when all of a sudden the house began to shake. I knew almost immediately that we were experiencing an earthquake having felt one in New York over thirty years ago. It was scary! By the time we got out of the house all of our neighbors were outside looking as perplexed as I felt.

Here are some tips on what the experts say to do when caught in an earthquake:

1) Stay away from glass and hanging objects
2) Try to get under a heavy piece of furniture
3) Shield your face and head from falling debris
4) Don't use candles use a flashlight

For more tips go to the Center for Disease Control website

Emergency preparedness is important so visit the CDC website and bring your awareness up.

Where were you and what were you doing when the earthquake hit your area on August 23rd?

2 comments:

  1. I have read your article, I think this is very good! Simple language, concise blog! Another kind of style! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I also enjoyed reading your blog very informative.

    ReplyDelete